Pages

Monday, February 6, 2012

Stupid Super Bowl Jinx

So the Super Bowl was yesterday and the Giants once again beat the Patriots.  And for the second time I wore the apparently jinxed Patriots shirt and they lost.  I definitely do not have good luck with wearing something of the team I'm rooting for in the Super Bowl...so far 0-5...I knew I should have bought a damn Giants shirt. Good food last night during the Super Bowl too; I made two different dips - a spinach pesto dip with fresh veggies and guacamole with some pretty darn good organic chips.  We also had some awesome chicken wings, some sliders, pigs in a blanket, buffalo chicken dip and a Mexican bean dip.  The spinach pesto dip was interesting...Greek yogurt, frozen spinach, pesto, salt & pepper.  It was very good, but something just was either missing or just not right with it.  I still can't put my finger on it...Good food, good friends and even though the Giants won a good game.

Oh well...Even though it was hockey season once the Bears season ended, it's DEFINITELY hockey season now.  Two big games tomorrow night...1 being the Devils vs. the Rangers at MSG and the other being a weekday Dragons game.  We need this game to bring us back .500; as long as we have forwards we should have a shot!  Friday night the Greyhounds won their second game in a row and I had 1 goal in the game bringing my season total to 3 goals and 4 assists.  We pretty much need to win out the remainder of the season to make the playoffs.

Tomorrow is another weigh in...we'll see where the scale lands tomorrow.  On a final note...tonight's dinner was so simple (and I've made it before, just not this way) yet so delicious!  We had Shrimp Scampi over brown rice with an egg-less Caesar Salad (homemade dressing BTW).  The shrimps were so good that I definitely could have eaten the entire bag...this week has some pretty awesome dinners lined up as well!  Tomorrow we're on our own since I have a hockey game.  Time for bed...later!

No comments:

Post a Comment