Pages

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Back in the saddle again!

So my last post was a clearing of the air, mostly within myself.  It has been a rough year'ish, but I think I'm finally ready to move on.  My setback in life and going back to crappy food and a terrible diet, no exercise is done!  Over the last year when I didn't write (mainly because of what was going on and the weight I was putting back on) it was because I felt like a failure.  I had set these goals, had set to live healthier and had set to make a change for good; and I failed and I feel like I let my family, my friends and the people that have read and supported my blog and change down.  It was a terrible feeling.

Well as much as I am disappointed in myself for the setback, as I stated in my first blog post and the title of my blog...The Long Journey Ahead.  It is a journey, sometimes we get lost, side-tracked, take the wrong path.  However the journey doesn't end when those things happen.  You eventually find your way again and find that original path that made you successful, made you get over those tough obstacles and made you change your life.

I started playing hockey again two weeks ago and other than a little lower back pain the return to the Dragons was a successful one.  We won in OT 2-1, and I scored the game winning goal on the power-play!  Yesterday I woke up early in the AM, got my workout clothes on and prepped my bike for my first ride in a very long time.  5 miles later (after wanting to die a bit trying to get up the hill to my place) I felt good.  Hockey game later in the day went pretty good again with a 7-2 win and our team remained undefeated at 4-0.  Hurt my back a bit, by wrenching something the wrong way and I'm definitely paying for it today.  Heating pad, walking around, some ibuprofen and rest.  If any of my PT or doctor friends out there know of anything else I should be doing...PLEASE let me know!

So here we are again...back at it a second time.  To in a way help my motivation I've designed a little logo that I'm going to post here and on Facebook and it's going to be my "mantra".  Maybe i'll make some t-shirts too LOL.  It's what I like to call the "Do It 4..." campaign.  For me...it's "DO IT 4 MYSELF".



So there it is!  Food updates and menu to come for the week.  Thanks for reading, till next time! 

1 comment: