Sunday I created my menu for the week. An so far it has been a hit. Erin always pokes fun at me because I make "fancy" dinners. They're not fancy in my mind...they just look fancy. Take for example last night dinner...Panko Crusted Salmon with Chile-Cilantro Aioli. Sides to the dish were just steamed veggies and some White Wine & Cilantro Quinoa. I do have to say that the fish was pretty much perfect! The right amount of crunch, not dried out and not burnt. The aioli was pretty easy to make, I've made them before...this was just cilantro, jalapenos, mayo, garlic and just a bit of olive oil. The peppers made it have a little kick but the cilantro was very refreshing. The fish itself for a 6 ounce portion at about 365 calories.
Monday was back to work and I do have to say, I should of had a bit of a bigger breakfast. Note to self for tomorrow!
Dinner tonight was a quick one; Orzo with Chicken, Broccoli and Pesto. This took less than a half an hour to do. One thing I've been trying to do when I cook lately is to not waste time. Try to plan the cooking a little better so that all the different pieces come together at just about the same time so that I'm not waiting for one thing to be done, letting the other pieces get cold. The recipe called for homemade pesto, but we had a jar in the fridge so I figured I would use that to save a bit of time. I don't think I seasoned the pasta and broccoli enough while I was cooking it that it needed just a bit more salt. Again another well cooked dinner and it tasted great, and was easy.
The rest of the week has some great dishes up too. A pork dish, steak and some shrimp will round off the week. Now if I can just get rid of this nagging lower back thing I can really get back to working out like I did last time. Elliptical, crunches, pushups, some back strengthening exercises, walking, riding my bike and the resistance bands as well. Planning of the food and nutrition was part one...part two is going to be getting a workout routine going and sketched out.
Thanks for reading all...let me know if you want recipes!
No comments:
Post a Comment