Lots of good things going on lately. We've ramped up our workout efforts and gone back to the beginning for a little bit as well. So first off we'll start the blog off with some good news; for the second straight week in a row I am a loser! Another two pounds is gone and brings me to another weight milestone...70 POUNDS! Can you fricken believe it? So wow...only 5 pounds away from my goal and 11 days to go to my goal deadline. Will it happen, who knows; but the biggest thing is the next pound I lose I will officially be in the 230's! Man it feels great and I feel great too!
If you read my last post, you know that we really can't work out in our place anymore due to an idiotic hermit of a neighbor. So instead we've gotten out and have been enjoying the great weather with some nice walks after work. Friday and Monday we walked 3.5 miles and in my preparation for a 5k, I ran 1 mile then 1.1 miles. Split up of course to build up; a brisk walk to start then .2 miles running, walk back to meet up with Erin, walk .2 or so of a mile then run another .2 miles. Tonight we just did a 3.5 miles walk and tomorrow we'll do it again and I'll run a bit more. I finished off my run the other night with .3 miles in one lump...maybe I'll go for .4 miles at the end tomorrow...who knows we'll see.
 |
| Mexican Chicken Soup |
So lastly we've gone back to basics by starting phase 1 again of South Beach. Erin felt like she needed a bit of a carb cleansing so we decided to do the first 2 weeks again which for those of you who don't know means only natural carbohydrates. No pasta, bread, rice, cous cous, quinoa...nothing of the sort. We can only get carbs from veggies and or beans. It's a nice way to hit the reset button and get rid of some of the cravings. I really don't mind eating veggies and salads and the such. Tonight's dinner was pretty fantastic. High in carbohydrates (around 30 grams) this Mexican Chicken Soup packs a great punch! Very easy and simple to make. One pound chicken breasts cubed, an onion diced, a red pepper diced, we added mushrooms instead of carrots (which are not phase 1 approved...sucks!), a can of diced tomato's, 2 cans of black beans, a bunch of spices, garlic and chicken stock. Bring it to a boil, let it simmer then use either an immersion blender or potato masher to make the soup a bit thicker. One serving is a cup of soup (even though the recipe said 2 cups...still unsure about the serving size) either way you look at it for 220ish calories and a protein packed meal this is definitely a keeper and a great dinner.
And with that I shall say goodnight to you all...I'll be back soon, hope you will too.
No comments:
Post a Comment