Pages

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

The Road Less Traveled

Yeah, we've all heard that poem before (The Road Not Taken), some where, some time in our lives...well for me, yesterday's bike ride was so not that.  It was the road with nine million idiotic people walking/biking/running on it.  I got run into by a little kid on a bike, not once, but twice and we won't even talk about the numerous duo's of people walking down the MIDDLE of the path.  Apparently my "Road Not Taken" is the one way early in the morning when everyone is still asleep!

Anyway...past that in a more dramatic way, all of us who have chosen to make a lifestyle change, are on the less traveled road.  I am extremely proud of myself, Erin and all of my friends and family that have decided to make their own journey down that road.  Your personal journey to your goal may be short, or may be very lengthy, however once we're on this road there is no exit.  Yes, you may hit a patch not paved causing a slight slow down but you just have to keep going and get through it.  Metaphors and poems aside lets keep up the good work and keep working hard paving our new paths into a healthy lifestyle and long life!

Even though some may not agree, I feel that I hit a rough patch for the last few weeks.  Had a few "fat" days, Tuesday weigh in where I didn't lose any weight or maybe added a pound or so and what now looks like the realization that I may not hit my goal for the end of this month.  I'm proudly down 2 pounds from where I was last week and now a total of 68 pounds lost!  It's amazing and I still can't believe it...I technically have 7 pounds left to get to my second goal of 75 total pounds lost and for the first time in forever weighing in the 230's.  I'm going to try my darnedest to get there.  Even though we can't really work out in the apartment anymore, I've been biking more (another 20 miles on the Farmington Trail on Saturday and another 6 congested miles last night), plus walking and running (gearing up for something called a 5k).  So for the next two weeks and beyond I'm going to adjust my schedule, keep up my eating well and keep up motivating myself and others!  I feel like I finally broke through my funk and with the weather getting nicer and our next hockey season coming up soon things will get better.

Keep up the great work everyone!  You keep reading and I'll keep writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment