Pages

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Almost there

Got up early this morning since we had a hockey game at 11am up in Plainville and had to leave by 9:30.  So before we left, had to have breakfast, get ready and relax a little bit.  I decided to run some errands this morning before the game, need to make a quick run to the bank, and hit up Stop n Shop for some Gatorade for the game.  On my way up the hill to the bank I see that the drive thru area is boarded up...so I pull through to the front and the damn building is for sale!  No more bank sorry, good think I know now, because this is where I was gonna take a walk yesterday.  Anywho, made it to the bank and dropped off the money, then over to stop and shop to pick up 3 things.  Here is where it gets funny; standing in line at the 12 items or less self serve register and the guy in front of me is already in the paying process.  I'm like, nice...this shouldn't take long at all.  I was browsing all the magazines, flipping my Gatorade in the air and catching it and realize that this guy is taking a while.  I look at what he's doing (which was the same thing when I walked up), dropping in coins; I quickly glance at his total left to pay and its like $10 bucks and change and this guy is putting in penny's, nickels, dimes and quarters.....$9.22 left, $8.74 left, $8.08 left, $7.60 left and he looks at the 4 dimes in his hand.  At this point i'm like "jesus guy, i'll pay your fricken bill if you get out of the way!".  He reaches in his pocket to, what I think is pull out more change, but instead he puts the .40 cents away.  THENNNNN proceeds to pull out his wallet and pay the remainder of the money with...A TWENTY!!!  WTF DUDE!  Just pay the whole thing with the $20 damnit!  Anyway, that was my rant for the day.

Hockey game was pretty good.  We unfortunately lost in overtime 3-2 after once again losing a lead in the 3rd period.  I felt like I played much better today; made a bunch more defensive stops, had a few nice shots on goal too.  Next weekend ought to be fun with the 3 games in a row.  We're playing some tough teams, so it should be interesting.

Now onto food; we're almost done with phase 1 of South Beach.  Wednesday starts phase 2 where we can add in some fruit, whole grains and a few other things.  Erin should be happy now that we have more of a selection of food to make.  Tonight dinner was OK; Chicken and Eggplant Casserole.  I think I enjoyed it more than Erin.  A little more seasoning actually on the chicken and I think it would have been much better.  This is also the first time in my life that I've cooked eggplant correctly.  Every other time no matter what I would do, it wouldn't be soft enough.  This dish had onion, green peppers, chopped tomato's in the filling, while the eggplant was quickly broiled to get a little layer of golden brown then topped with some garlic and Parmesan cheese.  After that, you basically put a layer of the eggplant down, then spoon in the filling and top it off with the remaining eggplant.  Add a little mozzarella cheese and bake for 30 minutes.  The eggplant and other veggies had an awesome flavor. 

Tomorrow night is soy ginger salmon or coconut chicken, don't remember which one though.  Time for bed, tomorrow morning we drop Erin's car off to get fixed from the accident that happened a few weeks ago and hopefully we'll get it back quickly.

Good fight, goodnight!

2 comments:

  1. Is that Chicken & Eggplant a South Beach thing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is! It's a Phase 1 dinner in the South Beach book.

    ReplyDelete