...To bring forth the rhythm and the rhyme! OH YES...I went Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch on ya'll! LOL
Anyway...I'm feeling good today (hence Good Vibrations)! This morning woke up at the crack of dawn so I could get to work a bit early and finish up some things that I needed to get done, before the actual day started. I jumped on the scale...and waited in anticipation and BAM...down another 5 lbs for the week and a total of 20 pounds in 4 weeks! Yea I did a little fist pump for myself! Feels really good to know that I can do this; and what's even better is that I'm doing it with my love, my star, my cutie...Erin! We are both doing really well and I'm very proud of us. I've had a bunch of compliments the last few days on how people can definitely see a change in my body and it feels great. Now the big question is if I can keep this up next week...
I really think I can...It's going to be hard to keep up a 5 pound a week average but even 1 pound is a victory! The one best thing about these past 4 weeks is the fact that we have had the same thing for dinner only ONCE! (not counting leftovers) Everything has been different and we probably have a good 15 dishes to put on a menu for dinner and rotate around. And there are also at least another 15-20 more recipes that I want to try...that's only the books we have...there is still the website and other books. It's a good thing i love to cook...and I feel like I've learned some stuff about food - substitutes for certain things and ways to make the dishes I love fit in with what we are trying to do health wise. My knife skills have even gotten a little better too; so much damn chopping and mincing and julienning LOL thats definitely not a word, oh well.
The rest of the week Erin is out, so this gives me some time to eat the leftovers of stuff we have in the freezer. Tomorrow night will be, probably the Stuffed Fillet of Sole I made...then Thursday the Beef Burgundy leftovers...then a new dish for Friday! It also gives me time to cleanup the pantry and kind of organize the kitchen a little better too. I feel discombobulated in the kitchen sometimes looking for things. Maybe I'll even get ride of some of the numerous cooking spoons we have (that's for Erin)...or maybe not LOL. A man can never have too many spoons I always say!
On a totally different note...the root canal is finally finished, got my permanent crown in today...and some good news from the Devils...they've gone to arbitration with Zach Parise, so he'll be a Devil next year and the team has a full season to figure out a deal. We definitely missed him last season, but even with him healthy last year...I don't think it would have changed too much. Only 4 more months till hockey comes back - I can't wait!
So since we started out with one Good Vibrations...I'll leave you with another one, from the Beach Boys! "I'm pickin' up good vibrations - good good good good vibrations - she's given' me excitations" Night all!
No comments:
Post a Comment