Saturday, Saturday, Saturday, Saturday, Saturday, Saturday, Saturday nights alright WOOOOOO! Man, I love the weekend! OK so the title of tonight post doesn't have anything to do with the first line, but whatever...IT'S SATURDAY! So a little business to take care of before we get started tonight...first off since tomorrow is Father's Day, I'd like to send a Happy Father's Day to all my friends out there who are father's and especially to my dad of course! I wouldn't be the man I am today without a great person to look up to like my dad; even though he doesn't read my blog...THANKS POP!
So as a tribute to my pop, I'll give his most favorite line to sum up tonight's dinner - "Veeeeery Tasty"! Man was it good. Beef Burgundy was on the menu tonight over whole wheat pasta. Now this meal is definitely not a during the week thing (unless you're having the leftovers), because it took almost 3 hours to prepare and cook. However it is definitely worth it! Sauteed beef to just get it nice and brown on the outside, then set aside. In the same pot add in onions, mushrooms and garlic till the onion just gets a bit of color. Now comes the delicious part...add in the burgundy wine, beef broth, tomato paste and beef back to the pot. Now for those of you who don't know (cause I didn't) Burgundy is an area in France (LOL) so if you're looking for the wine look in the french section. I got the wrong wine, of course and used a Port instead. If you can't find a burgundy wine, you can use any dry red wine as a substitute.
Once you've got the liquids, veggies and beef to a boil, set it to low and simmer for two hours. This burns off the alcohol and really infuses the flavors into the veggies and the beef. We decided to eat it over pasta, but you could do it with rice, mashed potato's would be great too. Like I said it took a while, but it was sooooo good. Like with everything we've cooked during our eating style change (diet), we had plenty to use for leftovers. I definitely recommend this to anyone who wants to do a simple, yet elegant and refined dinner. This is a dish you could find a many french restaurants.
Tomorrow night is a dinner out night with Erin and my parents to celebrate Father's Day and Mother's Day since we haven't seen my parents for a few months. This will be the first time that I'll be eating out and not cooking food myself. We are going to a fish place, so as long as I keep the bread away, and watch carefully what sides I choose to eat, I should be fine. I think I'll be fine...like I said I believe I have retrained my body to think a different way when I eat. Also yesterday I had my first comment to get a recipe (Thanks Sarah), keep em' coming people, I wouldn't steer you the wrong way. I may be eating healthier, but I ain't gonna bullshit about good food. Night all!
No comments:
Post a Comment