So we're back and here is part 2!
Saturday was a long day for me; was at work from about 8am till 6pm doing some prep work for our dimensional marketing campaign at Alpha. We were also having our carpet installed in the front of our office. It finally looks like an actual office...minus the rest of the furniture which will be coming in over the next few weeks. After that it was down to JFK to pick up the new Mr. and Mrs. Kraemer from there fantastic Jamaica honeymoon. It was then on to a late dinner at Barcelona in Fairfield, CT. Barcelona's niche is tapas and damn is it good. Erin had gone to the one in Stamford and brought back leftover and let me tell you those were gone the same night. Very good! We decided to do a traditional tapas meal and had about 9 different dishes. From ham & cheese croquet's, calamari, beef & chicken empenadas, chorizo in a fig sauce, lobster risotto, potato tortilla, baby eggplant parm, meatballs and 2 little salad plates the meal was awesome. I would definitely recommend any one of the restaurants in the area!
And here comes the emotional day. Sunday we had to go pick up my car at work, drop some stuff off to Mike and Coleen and then I wanted to hit up Men's Warehouse for a new sport coat. Well we didn't quit make it to MW...however earlier in the day as I put up on my Facebook, I bought a new pair of jeans that were a size smaller than i normally wore. Pretty awesome...unfortunately I have to buy new jeans LOL...took me so long to break those ones in, oh well. On top of that I got a new pair of dress shoes as well. Definitely needed those as my old ones aren't really that dressy anyway and way old. We got home and for whatever reason I wanted to try on my new pants, with my new shoes and an old suit jacket just to see what I looked like. According to Erin, everything looked nice, I think so too. That led to me basically cleaning out my entire closet.
Dress shirt, after dress shirt went into the pile to give away because they were just too big and did not look right on me anymore. It has been awesome losing so much weight; weighing less than I have in over 8 years...but on the flip side its pretty emotional to realize that either A) it took me this long to do it, or B) I can't believe I let myself get to the weight I was. Also I really liked some of those shirts! So again I have to buy all new dress shirts too. Lucky for me I don't have to get dressed up all that much for work. Seeing the pile of clothes on the floor, then fill a 30 gallon trash bag with them was pretty insane. I'll say 10 years of my old life went into that bag; with it...most of my bad habits, 50 pounds of the old Chuck, plus a lot of good memories. I so looked forward to making more good memories of the new Chuck...just looks wise though...i'm still the same old pain in the ass I have always been. Now I'll just look better! Well time to prep for my hockey game tonight. Go Dragons!
PS...I know I've said it a lot lately but thank you all so much for your support through this. For those of you who do read this and think I can't do it, or it won't work, or I wish that ... whatever that ... is, you can definitely do it! I know it's easier to say than do, but if I can do it, anyone can. As much as you are here for me...i'm here for you...we can be each others support/motivation! Thank You!
PSS...Tuesday weight in was today as well and I'll put it down in writing...I am officially at 50 pounds lost! WOOHOO
I am super proud of you!
ReplyDelete