Well Happy New Year to everyone out there reading this. 2011 is behind us and with that everything that we learned, accomplished, didn't start or failed is there too. The new year will hopefully bring many things; it's always a new beginning, but most of all it's a time to build on the previous year. I have personally accomplished so much in the last half of 2011 that the upcoming year will be just as good if not better. Starting this "diet" thing, I had set some goals for myself...I hit a number of them, but fell short on others, and that's OK. While making this life transformation I've done a lot of reading...from articles/info on exercise, cooking, weight loss, etc, the biggest thing I've read is to set goals for yourself. So as many of us are making our "resolutions" I'm setting my first list of goals! So here we go:
- Lose another 15 pounds to bring my total weight loss to 75 pounds and weigh in at 235.
- Move into another new size in jeans/pants. Fit into a size 38.
- Be able to "run" (on the elliptical) 3 miles in 30 minutes.
- Exercise at least 3-4 times a week.
- Be able to make the entire 30 mile ride from Cheshire to New Haven and back without wanting to die at the end (weather permitting).
So those are my first list of goals...and I'd like to accomplish them by the end of March. That gives me 3 months. And of course the main goal of everything is to maintain the weight loss and keep it off.
So goodbye 2011, goodbye weighing over 300 pounds, goodbye the 60 pounds I lost, goodbye the 5 inches I lost around my waist, goodbye to those 3xl shirts, goodbye to a bunch of my 2xl shirts and hello 2012 and the new me!
Thanks for reading everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment