Two months in and everything is still rolling along. No big slip ups, setbacks or long term plateau's. Now I know, that at some point it's going to happen, but after getting this far and dealing with some weddings, and other longer portions away from home, I believe that I can continue to get through the valley's when they do come. And of course I'm going to fully enjoy the peaks! I do have to work out a lil more too.
Speaking of peaks....today was another week down and weigh in day. I know that I gave a quick update the other day, but officially today I am down 32 pounds! Eight weeks, 32 pounds, 4 lbs a week average...just awesome! Makes me feel so good inside and out. Erin is catching up to me too...she is down 19 pounds as of yesterday. I know I've said it before and I'll say it again but it feels really great seeing people you might not have seen in a while and when they notice the hard work you've put in, it just makes you realize that its worth it! And I've actually for the first time really seen a change in myself (physically); the mental change happened pretty quickly and since I'm still the food police some times I just have to keep it up.
So now I did promise that this week would be better and here comes the first of a spectacular week of meals! First up........Citrus Tuna with garden veggie rice and green beans. Tonight we needed a very quick meal and this one is just that. 10 minutes to cook and another 10 to let the tuna marinate at room temp and you're done. The marinade was just lemon juice, lime juice, garlic (of course...everything has garlic now lol), thyme, salt and pepper to taste. Grill it and that's it, nice and simple and very easy even for people who really don't know how to cook...like my wife! I only wrote that because she is looking over my shoulder as I write LOL
Anyway....the rest of this week features a kicked up salad, one of my favorite dishes from Ruby Tuesday's (South Beach'ized), an excellent pasta dish and a very flavorful mushroom with some chicken. Also starting tomorrow I'm going to take a page out of the Tirro Eats Out playbook and start posting some pictures of what I cook into the blog, to try and spice things up and make this blog less texty and more tasty. Maybe it will also get people to contact me more about recipes since they can see what I'm cooking. Once again thanks to everybody for reading and thanks for the support too!
No comments:
Post a Comment