...you take the bad
you take them both and there you have
The Facts of Life, the Facts of Life.
The Facts of Life, the Facts of Life.
All in all the statement is pretty true. The first few weeks were the good, the week before last was the bad and now where kind of back on track. Last week we had no weight loss, but also no gain; this week I'm down 3 pounds! So after 6 weeks I am down 28lbs total...pretty sweet!
This unfortunately is going to be another tough weekend with a 4 day escape to Baltimore/Atlantic City for Mike & Joe's bachelor parties. Fortunately it is sure to be an EPIC weekend! Good food, good people and hopefully some big winners. Friday night we have dinner at Trattoria IL Mulino, the italian restaurant at the Taj Mahal...and then Saturday the big dinner at Safari Steakhouse. I have a feeling that is the one everyone is looking forward too, I know I am. So to continue with food, tonights dinner was pretty simple, very quick and very good. We just did Shrimp Scampi with brown rice and steamed vegetables in a garlic butter sauce. Quick, easy and under 350 calories per serving. Lunch today was leftovers from the Chowder Pot - Teriyaki swordfish and some green beans.
Eating is getting so much easier now. I don't get huge hunger swings, I eat and I'm full after a normal portion of food and overall I'm feeling great. I still get a little worried about continuing everything and eating out with friends, or bbq's or whatever. I know as easily as I lost the weight and started eating well, that the weight can come back on and I can go back to my old ways. I made a promise to myself, a promise to Erin, a promise to our future children and a promise to you (the readers) that this is a lifetime change and not a quick fad or fix. My goal for this weekend is basically to not gain anything while we are away and to not stuff myself silly either.
Eyes are getting heavy, starting to yawn...so its off to the couch to watch the last bit of America's Got Talent and then bed...night.
No comments:
Post a Comment