A beautiful day indeed! Woke up pretty early this morning so I could get a jump-start on the day and get a bike ride in before all the stupid walkers clogged up the bike path. The little bike trail is 1.7 miles each way and its at least a mile and a half from my house to the beginning of the trail. All in all its about 5 miles total. Good workout and it was an awesome morning too. Yesterday I did just under 2 miles on the elliptical that we have also. So I think that's some pretty good cardio work for the two days.
So I'm not sure if I'm going to lose any weight this week, but who knows, Tuesday might surprise me. I've been kinda freaked out about not losing anything this week...possibly. But after a nice talk with Erin last night...it's not just about a week to week thing (even though I've said this before), it's about the overall progress. I think I kind of forgot that when getting on the scale the other day. I haven't cheated or strayed from our eating plan and since I log everything I eat...that helps also. I think the weight came off so easy and quick the first five weeks that I sort of (in my mind) expected it to continue for a little bit longer. It's OK if I don't lose anything and I have to remember that the changes I make now are not short term, but for the rest of my life. With time and effort everything will fall into place! We're definitely on the right track.
So last night was the Shelton fireworks and even though the top of the huge tree in front of our place was in the way...it was still pretty nice. We sat out on the balcony and had a Sam's Summer (sooo good!) and watched the display. Dinner last night was Sicilian Chopped Sirloin burgers...yummy. We had the butcher at Stop n Shop grind up 4 sirloin steaks and used that instead of using regular ground chop meat. The burgers were topped off with some fontina cheese, onions and lettuce. A side of sweet potato with a little butter and a blend of splenda & cinnamon...just perfect!
Well it's off to start the rest of the day. Everyone have a great Saturday!
Chuck- Take it from me.. Keep doing what you are doing eating wise and get the cardio in and your results will show even more rapidly then what you are seeing. Cardio is the key!. keep it up brother-
ReplyDeleteJimmy