Pages

Monday, July 4, 2011

Oh what a night!

Man it's late!  Well it was a very good day today.  Dragons hockey finally came back with a game today.  We lost 8-2...sucks!  But on the bright side I played pretty well, scored 1 of our two goals and pretty much played the whole game.  Took a change in the 1st & 2nd period and that was about it.  The 2nd period did us in (yet again a bad period turns to a blow out), and that was pretty much all she wrote after that.  Another game on Tuesday night, lets see if we can finally get win #2 on the season.

So I know the other day I was having some issues with the possibility of not losing weight during week 6.  A talk with Erin helped, and an awesome comment from my friend Jimmy helped even more.  Today after playing hockey and seeing how some of my clothes have been fitting and even just the way I feel in general...I've come to the conclusion that it's OK if i don't lose something.  It's not a race and I have to some days jut get out of my own head.  The overall effects of what has transpired over the last 5-6 weeks has been amazing and I can't jeopardize my accomplishments or my final goal by over analyzing and over thinking things.  Keep plugging away and the progress with happen and the results will show for themselves! 

Also...asking if anyone has any good resistance training routines or exercises, please let me know. 

So back too tonight...dinner was Mexican Lasagna!  Tortilla's, some ground turkey, garlic, onions, salsa, Monterrey jack cheese, a mixture of green chiles - sour cream - cumin - salt - cottage cheese and that's it.  Layer everything together like you normally would for regular lasagna and bake for 30 minutes.  This was pretty darn good!  We had a side of black beans and as an added treat I put some queso salsa to dip the lasagna in as well.  Took about 15-20 mins to prepare...yet again a simple, easy and fantastic recipe.  Next week I should be getting a few new cook books so hopefully we will have even more delicious recipes to write about and try. 

Time for lights out!  Night all speak to you tomorrow.  Happy 4th of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment